How To Open An Account
Opening an account with Berkeley is a simple process. We require paperwork to be completed and the provision of personal identification. We accept accounts for individuals, corporates, trusts, Self-Invested Personal Pensions (SIPPs), Introducing Brokers (IBs) & Introducing Agents (IAs), and hedge funds. Accounts can be opened within a few hours, after which the trader has instant access to futures, options, Contracts for Difference (CFDs), forex, bullion, and shares all through one account.
To open an individual account, please see below. For other account types please contact us. Alternatively, please feel free to come to our offices to open an account face-to-face with one of our Account Executives.
To open an account please follow the simple steps below:
- Download our Account Opening Form. Please print off, fill out, and sign the form where indicated.
- Download our Retail Client Agreement. Please print and sign the last two pages of this agreement, ticking the seven boxes after the signature section.
- Download the Banking Instructions Form. Please complete with banking details of where funds are to be sent.
- Download the FATCA Form. Please complete with your individual Tax Identification Number (for example National Insurance Number).
- If you are a UK citizen and resident all we need from you is a copy of your photo card driving licence. Otherwise a copy of your passport plus a proof of address (either utility bill or bank statement dated within the last three months) must be provided. Berkeley will then confirm your ID electronically (further information may be required if we are unable to identify you electronically)
- Overseas clients should provide an authenticated copy of a valid passport, an authenticated copy of either a bank statement or utility bill, and a third party verification of their ID such as a letter from a bank, employer, or consulate.
View our Compliance Policies and Disclosure